The video was cute, but I found the featured signs to be a bit banal. I mean, if your cat doesn't wake you up to be fed, you probably don't have a cat but a coatimundi or a ferret.
Then again, how we interact with our cats in our house may have pushed us way past crazy and into, as the expression goes, pants-crapping insane. So here is my clickity-clickbait entry: 7 Indications That The Cats Are The Sane Ones in the House:
1) When your cat lays down an atomic turd mere minutes after the litter box is cleaned, and your reaction is something like "Dear God, can we not have ten minutes of peace in this house?!??" (In my defense, this usually happens while I am trying to put on eye makeup and achieve a look somewhere between chic and Tammy Faye).
2) You engage your cats in a lecture about dietary needs. To the older one, who is developing (very typical) signs of kidney disease but gets finicky about eating her renal support food: "Your choice is to eat this food or go on dialysis. And I am not driving you to dialysis." To the younger one, who should not eat the kidney food but does: "Fine. Eat your sister's food. She'll die soon and you will be all alone."
|Frida does not understand the concept of "For Your Own Good."|
3) Licking of the condensation on the sliding glass door frame is a cat habit that is also a fun Saturday night viewing activity for the hoomans in the house.
4) You have so absorbed the grammar aesthetic of I Can Haz Cheezburger that words like "kitteh" and "hooman" are part of your vocabulary, but ideally not during presentations, annual reviews, or meetings with Trustees, Committee Chairs, or other bigwigs. This despite the Cheezeburger meme being the Internet equivalent of Laugh-In at this point, although since you still throw Ghostbusters quotes into casual conversation (and, come on, Tammy Faye Bakker??), clearly you are hopeless.
5) You sent a holiday card from your cats to a cat you met on the Internet.
|Ours is the one in front.|
6) When your friends talk about school or ballet or soccer for their kids it briefly crosses your mind that you should register your cats for some activity, but then you shake your head quickly to erase that thought and to remind yourself that while dogs might have dog parks, cats have the whole house, and sitting on your laundry or in your guitar case IS their activity.
|For cat parents, this is soccer practice.|
7) It still hasn't dawned on you that after twenty years and three cats that they are NOT interested when a cat appears on the television screen and that they likely cannot see that far. In fact, you -- tall, looming over them like some bleating giant -- are forever a stranger until you get close enough for them to sense you in other ways, at which point you become, well, That Thing That Feeds Me. Or, as you insist on calling yourself, Mommy.
|Or, in this case, Daddy.|
Update to earlier post on the David Bowie Is exhibit: Check out this awesome GIF of Bowie's hairstyles over the years (but WARNING: the word "chameleon" is still banned):